Parish Extend Athletic Academy is a partnership between Parish Athletics and Parish Extend with a common goal to offer a comprehensive catalog of sports specific program opportunities dedicated to developing Parish's young athletes.
Participants of these programs are trained following the coaching methods of Parish’s varsity and junior varsity athletic programs. Participation in the athletic academy will prepare interested athletes for junior varsity and varsity athletics. Opportunities vary by sport and age group but may include weekly classes, private team coaching, skills and coaching clinics, tournaments and more.
7 on 7 Football League
6th/7th grade boys
Practices are held on Tuesday and Thursday at 4-5:00pm from March 10 to April 14th at Parish. There will be no practices on March 15th or 17th.
Games will begin the week of March 21st and will be played on a Tuesday or a Thursday. Practices during that time will be held on the Tuesday or Thursday which is not game day. A total of eight games will be held during the season, played as weekly double headers at 4:30 and 6:30 pm at Providence Christian School, 5002 W Lovers Ln, Dallas, TX 75209.
Official Texas State 7 on7 passing Tournament rules
Matt Faulkner, Parish Football Varsity Offensive Coordinator and Middle School Head CoachLet us know you are interested
Kids who are having fun and success in a sport will continue to play. This can be achieved when young athletes have the opportunity to work with experienced coaches teaching proper fundamentals. The Parish Extend Athletic Academy provides this opportunity and we are proud to partner in this program.
Meet the Coaches
In 2012, Ahmad joined the Texas Legends (Dallas Mavericks Developmental Team) as the lead assistant coach for former Dallas Mavericks’ player Eddie Najera. Ahmad holds a Bachelor of Science in psychology from Texas Christian University and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix.
Parish Episcopal School 2014 – 2016,
• Head Varsity Baseball Coach (2020-Present)
• Head Middle School Baseball Coach
• Manage practices and games
• Evaluate players on a daily basis
• Encourage classroom-first attitude, leadership skills, and time-management awareness
Canes Southwest 2019 – Present
• Head Coach 14U – 17U teams, Associate Head Coach for Canes Scout Team
• Develop high school players to play baseball at the collegiate level
• Facilitate communication for college scouting opportunities
• 10 college commitments for 2021 class
• Niche in Pitching development
• Affiliate for Played Recruiting D-BAT Mustangs Select Teams 2010 – 2019
• Head Coach 12U, 13U, and 14U, 15U, 16U
• Assistant Coach 15U and 16U teams
• Manage pitching staff (conditioning and throwing programs)
• Evaluate players on a weekly basis
• Manage practices and games
• Work with pitchers and catchers in bullpens and games
• Prepare players physically and mentally for fall and spring baseball with their school teams
• Coordinate team travel, tournaments and pre-game routines Panthers Baseball Club Select Team 2011 – 2014
• Head Coach 9U, 10U, 11U
• Developed team from recreational league to tournament level competition
• Coordinated community service projects
• Skill instruction (pitching, hitting, fielding)
• Repetition training (ground balls, fly balls, batting practice, pitching, base running)
In 2015 he made the journey from Pennsylvania to Texas to help grow and develop the sport of field hockey in the Lone Star State. Coach Jennelle joined Parish as the head coach in August 2019. His motto is, “It is better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.” A good athlete takes every failure, works out the kinks, and turns it into a success with hard work, dedication, and determination. Coach Jennelle looks forward to helping build a community of respect, determination, drive, and hard work. The ultimate goal—having fun, developing a winning attitude, and translating that into goals for games.
David Huynh was born and raised in San Diego and relocated to Dallas in his early teens. He attended the University of Texas at Dallas and graduated with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with minor in History. With over 20 years in the sport of volleyball, coach Huynh played intramural leagues with collegiate players and in USAV tournaments. He is also a coach at Skyline Volleyball Club in Plano. He has been coaching club ball for over 12 years and has taken his team to Nationals numerous years. In 2019, his 11s team made third overall at Nationals and his first year at Parish he helped lead Parish varsity volleyball team to their first undefeated TAPPS 6A district championship in school history.
He is married to Snow and has two beautiful daughters, Trinidy ’22 and Dakota ’27. Outside of the sport of volleyball, coach Huynh enjoys fishing, traveling and shoe shopping.
Coach Huynh’s Coaching Philosophy:
“I believe every player needs to approach with the right mindset to help them better themselves. My goal as a coach is to improve the fundamental principles of each individual player and encourage them to challenge themselves. Year by year, every player should leave the court with more confidence in her game. Training, teamwork and determination will result in positive reinforcement which will benefit players not only in their athletic careers, but also their academic and professional careers. But most importantly, love what you do and always have fun while you’re doing it!”