Spanish Study Abroad is a summer Spanish Language immersion program in San Sebastián, Spain, offers students the opportunity to solidify their language skills while exploring San Sebastián on the gorgeous northern coast of Spain.
In partnership with Horizons Abroad, students will experience daily Spanish life while staying with a host family, build vocabulary and grammar skills during daily morning languages classes taught by Parish faculty, and put their skills into practice during afternoon and weekend activities that explore the local culture and history. Students wishing to earn Parish credit will also be required to attend classes at Parish both prior to and upon return from our time in Spain.
While students may participate in the travel portion of this experience without enrolling in this for-credit class, students who are enrolled in this course will benefit from:
- Recognition of studying abroad on their transcript through course credit
- Preparatory lessons, information, & resources to help maximize their immersion experience
- On-site learning opportunities that encourage exploration and practice
- Upon return, opportunity for reflection on learning experience + support in pursuing additional possibilities for practice
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students NOT enrolled in The Academy are not guaranteed a spot in the Parish-specific classroom at the Language school in San Sebastian. They will be tested by the language school and placed in the appropriate level of Spanish with students from other schools. They will have the same schedule as students enrolled in this course, but their classroom experiences in Spain will be different.
This is a one trimester course which counts .333 credits toward general electives.
Dates & Times
- July 11 and 12, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. BOTH required, in person
- Travel July 14 – July 30
- August 1 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Required in person – Final Presentation